How to find computer specifications windows 10
There are many different reasons why you should know the specifications of your laptop, computer, or any other computer. You might want to buy a new computer or research the reasons why your computer is running slow on some programs.
Some devices have stickers under the keyboard that tell you about some of the key specifications, but they aren’t all the features you need to know. So here is the way to know the specifications of the laptop we offer you in simple steps.
How to know the specifications of the laptop/pc
There are different ways to access device specifications, but they differ from one system to another. So, before you start, you must know the system of the device so that you can search properly and follow the appropriate steps. Here, we will present a variety of methods, so choose the one that best suits your device system.
Find out the specifications of the laptop in Windows 10
You can find out the specifications of the laptop by following these steps:
Enter the device settings by clicking on the Start menu button located in the bottom corner to pop up the menu in front of you. Then tap on the Settings icon.
2- The system
A set of options will appear in front of you. Enter System, which is located in the top row of the list.
3- About system
You will have a screen divided into two main sections, at the end of the first section you will find a tab under the name About, click on it.
Scroll down to the Device specifications heading. From here, you can find out the specifications of the laptop related to the processor, RAM, and system type.
To access more detailed information, you can type System Information in the search box on the Start menu, and when its tab appears, click on it. Now you will find in front of you a window containing detailed information about the specifications of the device. Information about the processor, memory and operating system includes many different specifications.
Find out the specifications of the laptop / pc from the Device Manager menu in Windows
If you want to know more and deeper specifications than the ones you saw above, you can use the following method:
- Press the Windows + X keys simultaneously, a large menu will appear. Find Device Manager and tap on it.
- You will now be taken to another window with many options. You can search through it for the specifications you want to know. For example, if you want to know the type of processor and its specifications, all you have to do is double-click on the processors option, and a new menu will appear containing the information you want to know. And so for the rest of the specifications.
- You can also access the same menu by clicking the right mouse button on the computer icon on the desktop, and from the pop-up menu, choose Properties to open a new window. From the menu on the side of the window, click on Device Manager and the same previous window will open.
How to know the specifications of Mac laptop
To access hardware specifications on a Mac, the previous steps will differ slightly, so do the following:
- Click on the Apple menu, which appears as an apple in the upper corner of the screen.
- Click About This Mac and a new window will open with processor, RAM, and GPU information.
- Click on More Information to get more detailed and more varied information, such as looking for information on the graphics card or something else.