The difference between science and knowledge
Many of us may fall into not knowing the difference between science and knowledge and confusing them, as a result of the fact that the concept of science is often related to knowledge, and the common mistake on this issue is that most people confuse the two on the basis that there is no difference between them and that they benefit the same meaning.
But in fact, each of them has a completely different meaning from the other, so that each of them has its own use, and each one of them has its own characteristics, and in the next lines in our article through an encyclopedia, we will work on listing the difference between them.
The difference between science and knowledge
There are many differences between both science and knowledge, whether in terms of characteristics, definition, or even uses and other differences that make each one of them a separate term, but as we mentioned, it is very common to confuse them, and perhaps the next lines will be the factor Let me clarify the difference between them.
- Science refers to the literal description of all cosmic phenomena and events, which surround us from all sides, and that description or interpretation is done through the use of scientific tools.
- In addition to another definition that many scholars have referred to as a set of concepts and laws that closely intertwine with each other, and are the result of scientific experiment, observation and research. Moreover, science is characterized by being an organized process.
- Knowledge aims to refer to the comprehensive meaning, and the comprehensive meaning, that is, it does not shed light on any of the sciences in a specific way, but rather works to include and include all sciences in their various disciplines, as knowledge is more general and comprehensive than science.
- In addition to the information and experience that he acquires as a result of the experiences he goes through on a daily basis, knowledge is based primarily on the scientific evidence and results that the individual reaches through his personal experiences.
Scientific facts are subject to change and modification
Scientific facts are the result of human experiences, and therefore they bear truth and error, and accordingly, scientific facts are relative and not absolute, but it is always in need of change and modification, and the following lines will bear the reason for that:
- The results of experiments are the work of man, and he may make mistakes and may be right.
- The tools used in the research tools and means.
- Actual research is integrated between the different branches of science, which leads to the need for more experiments and research.
Comprehensiveness and generalization
- When the founder of genetics Mendel began his research, he had started it on the pea plant, to come up with the law of the law of isolation of traits and the law of free distribution, but it is worth noting that he generalized those results and their hypotheses to all living organisms, the first of them being humans.
- In addition, there are gas laws such as Boyle, Charles, and Gailusac, which are applied to all gases, and Archimedes’ rule included everything that floats or sinks, meaning that scientific results and theories begin to be fragmented, until they are generalized, meaning that science moves from the part to the whole.
Science corrects itself
- Science is characterized by being constantly evolving, continually and renewed, and perhaps this is the main factor in the large number of scientific changes that occur. Scientists’ interpretations differ based on them in the event of any new scientific evidence, such as atoms, chromosomes, and others.
- It is worth noting that it is necessary not to overlook the dynamic movement of science, and therefore care must be taken to study the changes that have occurred throughout history for some scientific phenomena and issues, to clarify their differences and development.
- Absolute disbelief in scientific facts proven so far, due to the fact that science is constantly evolving and changing.
- Working to continuously correct scientific results to keep pace with the continuity of science, especially if there is something that changes that proven fact.
- Developing continuous research skills in various scientific aspects to keep pace with the changes taking place in science.
Accumulation is the basis of science
- When a researcher in science begins his research on a matter, he does not start from scratch, but starts from where he ended and the researchers stopped before him, and so the researcher needs to return to the research of the scholars who preceded him and their sources, and for this, science can be compared to construction in the case of my research on a topic What, he resorted to constructing that problem in order to start where the last researcher left off.
- But It is noteworthy, the new scientific facts take the place of the old ones, so that the old facts that have changed become mere history, which can be used in some cases, which leads to the following:
- Scientific facts are not proven, but are always subject to change and modification.
- Expansions that occur in science, lead to an increase in the volume of scientific research fields.
- When transferring science to minds, care must be taken to convey correct scientific information, and to enlighten those minds that these hypotheses are subject to change and modification.
- Science is constantly evolving and constantly expanding, which makes it difficult to keep up with it and to be familiar with everything it contains. Therefore, care must be taken to try to publish scientific evidence, experiments, and others on a continuous basis and in a fast-spreading manner to ensure its existence and not its demise.
Science is just accurate
- Science is characterized by being a process with a very high degree of objectivity and impartiality, so that the scientist or researcher is not biased towards a hypothesis or a researcher at the expense of other hypotheses. Scientific.
- Accordingly, the scientific researcher cannot impose the theory and reverse it at the same time, but his hypotheses are the product of accurate research and experiments, which give explicit and accurate results. As a result, the researchers dated the difference between the history of science on the basis of two stages, namely:
- The first stage is the pre-scientific aspect, in which the qualitative and descriptive language, i.e. the ordinary language, is used.
- As for the second stage, it is based on the scientific principle, and the basic language is the scientific language, such as quantitative mathematics.
- Therefore, the researcher conducts scientific research in an accurate manner, free of any personal inclinations or whims.
- Describe scientific results and concepts in scientific images and language.
- Working on narrating facts in a scientific manner, and analyzing and interpreting phenomena in a scientific manner.
- Make sure to record notes with high accuracy.
Science is universal
- Science is not considered a monopoly of a particular person, not even a scientist who has proven a scientific fact or explained a phenomenon. Science belongs to everyone, as we indicated that it is cumulative, so the researcher starts from where the previous researcher ended, in addition to the fact that as soon as it spreads and appears to the light, it becomes the property of everyone, It transcends borders and continents, so any person or body in the world can use these statutes and laws in their research.
- But it is worth noting that there is a possibility that some scientific results and research will remain hidden from the world and the reason here is the concern for the common good of the world, it is possible for some people to take advantage of those results and research wrongly.
Characteristics of knowledge
There are many characteristics of knowledge that distinguish it from science, which emphasizes that science and knowledge are two different and separate entities from each other, and perhaps one of the most prominent advantages of knowledge is what we will list in our next lines:
- An individual can understand the phenomena and events surrounding him by means of knowledge.
- Knowledge is one of the factors helping to reach general laws.
- It is distinguished by its ability to categorize and personalize, thus enabling its owner to divide knowledge into parts according to the sections it contains.
- It is easy to maintain knowledge and its continuity, because of the possibility that it provides, which is storage. Knowledge can be saved, whether in books or in modern electronic means.
- Knowledge helps distinguish all fields and departments of science from one another.
- Knowledge contributes people to learning from missed experiences.
- Knowledge is universal, as it is not restricted to one individual, but rather belongs to all.
- It helps people stick to their habits and traditions.
- It is also one of the factors that can instill a feeling of safety in the soul, due to the fact that when an individual can access a certain information, this earns him a kind of self-confidence and comfort.
The importance of science and knowledge
Although there are many differences between science and knowledge, there are many common benefits that they provide, whether for individuals or societies, and this is what we will learn about in the coming lines.
- Science and knowledge help people to expand their awareness and keep them informed of the latest developments, which helps them to adapt to the changes taking place around them, in addition to helping them to analyze the problems they face in an orderly and planned manner.
- When an individual possesses a high degree of science and knowledge, this is one of the reasons for his success and superiority, which brings more benefit to society, in terms of progress and development.
- Since knowledge and science are one of the factors of individuals’ success and progress, it will be a reason for making them more capable of taking responsibility.
- Science and its theories are one of the factors that help reduce the incidence of poverty in societies, given that science and its hypotheses are one of the foundations of the progress and development of societies.
- Science contributes to the development of people and their thinking. With science and knowledge, opinions change positively to what is right.
- Science and knowledge work to reduce the presence of negative and reactionary ideas, which are the cornerstone of the backwardness and decline of societies.
In the end, and as we reach the conclusion point in our article, which revolved around the answer to the question of the difference between science and knowledge, we have indicated that the difference is that knowledge is more general and comprehensive than science, as it includes all fields of science, while science is a specific part of knowledge, as our beloved Messenger indicated to The superiority of the scholar over the worshiper is like the superiority of the moon over the rest of the planets, as it is the main factor in their illumination and without it they are dark planets.